Trigger Warnings for Chew
Note: Overall, Chew is horror fiction and it is violent, bloody, and it deals with dark and depressing themes. This list is meant to identify specific items which could be especially triggering. However, readers are advised to proceed with caution, as triggers can be highly personal and it is impossible to list every potential trigger here.
This list contains spoilers.
Seasons One & Two
- Abuse (physical, mental, emotional, verbal, sexual)
- References made to rape and sexual assault
- References made to child abuse/pedophilia
- Self-injurious behavior (self-harm, eating disorders, etc.)
- Suicide (and ideation)
- Excessive or gratuitous violence
- Needles (and other medical horror situations)
- Kidnapping (forceful deprivation of/disregard for personal autonomy)
- Death or dying (including children)
- Mental Illness
- Drug use and abuse, including overdose
Season Three (In progress)
- (Specifically Episodes 74 & 75) Rape/Torture/Forced Prostitution
One promise: Georgie is safe.